I'm depressed can anybody help me?

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and it was a unexpected prgnancy and i have diabetes i was also diagnosed with depression from the time i was 10 years old and ever since i got pregnant its gottin worse can anybody tell me what i should do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• depression is not something to mess around with, have you been on medication for your depression? are you still taking them if you take any? I would talk to your doctor on this matter and let them know how you feel, see if there is any adjusting of medication if you are on it or if not see if there is anything safe you can take while pregnant, your hormones which are an emotional roller coaster are not gonna help this matter out on top of it. Good Luck and hang in there.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Oh sweetie ... depression can really mess you up. Do you have friends to talk to? Are you under the care of a doctor? You need to take the best care of yourself that you can! Find a group on here, make some friends, go for a walk, get out of the house, take a bath, do something for YOU. If you want someone to talk to, you can message me. =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I would suggest talking to your doctor and if you have a psychiatrist that helps you, you should definitely go see them. It's important to your health and your baby's that you talk to a healthcare professional that can help you during this difficult time with either therapy, medication or both.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2010