Is it okay to eat soft serve yogurt while pregnant??

I've heard it is not good to eat soft serve ice cream because the danger of listeria but does it also apply to yogurt? I ate some at Yogurt Land last night and it actually helped to calm my stomach (I'm in my first trimester and still dealing with morning sickness). I would hate to have to stop eating it now that I now it helps me feel better but I will if I know it isn't safe for baby.

Mrsphillips777

Asked by Mrsphillips777 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told that yogurt was actually a good thing to eat while pregnant so I dont know why soft serve would be any worse. I think the key is to make sure its coming from a sanitary environment and you're eating it in moderation.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Unpasterized dairy products you shouldnt eat. yogurt is good. just like milk straight from the udder isnt safe. and Soft cheeses are not safe. i think your ok
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2010