Do you really think that given the current MASSIVE problems from Haiti to healthcare to unemployment......

that NOW is the best time for Obama to be jetting off (can we say carbon footprint AND cost!) to Mass to campaign? I do realize that this seat is a pretty important one but good grief!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34876791/ns/politics-more_politics/

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I really don't see the problem. It's one day (Sunday per the article), and it's not like if he's not in Washington DC he can't still work. What exactly are you so upset about? I really can't find any reason to get upset over this.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• momof030404, the problem is.... your not used to a president who can multi task!
    I support Obama!
    Anonymous

• How many Haitians could eat with the money it will cost for MA to reroute traffic and provide security for a presidential campaign stop?
    Anonymous

• Really anon...because I seem to remember Bush being SLAMMED for multitasking on his working vacations. The difference is back then the liberal media wasnt telling you to think THAT way :) As for it being one day....Thats ONE day he could be READING the healthcare bill before he signs it. Thats ONE trip that will COST a LOT that could be saved while the country is tanking. Thats ONE big @ss carbon footprint when he can send his voice mail msg from the white house. and finally I think the WH (AALLLLLL of them dems and repubs) need to keep their noses OUT of local elections!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• If they don't get the seat there will be no health care bill to read. Did you read the article, mom? It even said in the article that if the Dems lose this seat then the health care bill will be killed. Not only that, but I wasn't aware that they had a final version of the health care bill to read at this point. I thought they were still working on it.

He's the president, he's going to cause massive "carbon footprints" because he has to go places. You can whine about it, or accept it as a part of life.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Im NOT the one flying to Copenhagen and promising tax dollars for Global warming crap, and expecting the American people to make big changes while I do NOTHING. He does not HAVE to go to Mass. Let the people of Mass vote for who they want too...stay OUT of the local elections. And if the HC vote is THAT tenuous MAYBE they need to take a little more TIME and make sure such a HUGE bill is done right....not just a bunch of partisan BS.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• "the Dems lose this seat then the health care bill will be killed"

Not necessarily - the dems are already planning all sorts of strategies to delay Brown being sworn in until after the health care bill has it's final vote. Demanding recounts and law suits, anything they can to buy them time.

Of course if they keep delaying getting the bill done, they can only procrastinate for so long - so you may be right - it's not clear right now.
    Anonymous

• Wow, slow Presential "news" day on the anti-Obama websites if they can't come up with something better than this to pick on him for...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

You must be distracted http://www.cafemom.com/answers/359710/Union_scratches_Obamas_back_Obama_scratches_theirs_in_case_youve_been_distracted

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2010