Who would get my son

okay so me and my husband are talking about getting a divorce. My husband is in the Army we have a 5 month old. Who would my son go to? and would he still be getting the housing allounce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• you'd probably get him...unless you have drug problems or can't support him and have no where to go..
    Anonymous

• you would certainly not get the housing allowance, but you all would have to sort out the custody in court - but chances are you will get him
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• my ex was a marine and then switched to army...we're divorced and he's still in the army. We opted for joint custody....with primary custody going to me. He'll visit when he feels like it. Yes he does still retain his BAH because he has dependents however his pay will drop down about 300 when he divorces.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• More than likely you will get custody and he will have to pay some child support. Hopefully he will get more than 4 days a month to see his child. I would start looking for a job since he will only have to pay child support and not the rest of your bills.
    Anonymous

• Custody depends on many things including if you can provide a home for him. Yes, dh will get BAH. He's still in the military and has to live somewhere and they provide his housing. They will make sure he pays child support if you get custody.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2010