am i stuck up for paying more rent on a newer town home?

an old friend was making fun of me cause i pay 600 for a new 3 bd 2 bath 2 car garage town home thats 1,800 sq ft. the land lord does all the mowing and lawn care and sprays and changes filters and light bulbs every 2 months and when things 'break" they fix it the next day its also all electric so our total utility bill is 185 to 200. when we lived in cheaper rent houses our utilities ran around 500 a month cause of the gas heat in winter and the older window air.they also upgrade all appliances every 2 years, microwave dish wash stove fridge. i dont see how thats being stuck up when in the long run we are saving money. and i like living in the newer culdasac(sp?) its so much safer for my kids. i dont brag about it either she just seen the pics i posted of my kids playing inside and outside, i posted pics to show of my kids not my home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• $600 is a good price for renting a townhome. We just moved out of one that we were paying $1150 for, and it wasn't nearly as nice as your place sounds. The only way you would be considered stuck up would be if you bragged about it or thought that you were better than others because of it. Talking about how excited you are to live in a new place that you love is not bragging by the way. Your friend may very well be jealous. It happens. She'll get over it when she sees that the only one making a big deal about it is her.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You are in NOWAY stuck up for wanting better for your and your family. Everyone wants to live in a nice home, Everyone. The fact is that not everyone can afford it, but those who can, Good for you.
    As long as your not bragging, like you say you werent, then your friend is just being jealous.
    BABYnME610

Answer by BABYnME610 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• First off, its not wierd to want a nicer home to live it. Second, 600 bucks a month for that is a STEAL!!!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i dont talk or brag about living here even when we first moved in 2 yrs ago

op here
    Anonymous

• Stuck up would be bragging about it. Moving to something better for tech. less is SMART! Im getting ready to start looking to do the same....ESP if SO gets this job..it comes with a nice raise so we can have an extra bedroom for the new baby and my son!! Congrats on making a smart move!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Go You! You got that place for a steal for sure!!! I think your friend indeed is a tad jealous. You are in no way stuck up, so just ignore her comments and enjoy your nice place!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 6:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• ignore your friend!
    and can I just say I am sooo jealous, I live in the dc area and pay $1670 for a 3 bedrrom APARTMENT, and it is not the most expensive in the area by a LONG shot
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Stuck up? Your friend sounds like a jealous and mean person. You can find a better friend. :-)
    That is amazingly good...$600.00 for a townhouse that sounds really nice!!
    I pay $1100.00 a month Mortgage payment. Does that mean I am stuck up? LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• WOW!!! $600 is friggin robbery! depends on the cost of living in your region though...

I was paying that for a 2 br condo on the 3rd floor in the effing college ghetto next to UNCC for 5 years... at one point I'm sure they used to be "nice" but by the time we lived there it was the projects... no, you're not being stuckup, snarky, a snob or anything else.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• $600 is dirt cheap and just so you know, all landlords are supposed to fix things right away . . . that's nothing special.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010