What can I do for my babys first birthday in the mountians?

Well i live in the mountians and the weather here gets pretty cold, last year it was snowing. But i want help figuring out what kind of indor stuff i could do, but i want to have both of our families in one place..HOW DO I DO IT???

casslynn09

Asked by casslynn09 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, a baby's first birthday is more for the parents and family/friends than for the baby... They just don't care at that point, heh. So I'd treat it like a family gathering, with a little extra thrown in. Get a picture frame with "My first birthday" and a small picture, then have the guests write down a personal message as a keepsake. Get a small personal cake for the baby, and let him go to town on it, accompanied by the "awwws" and smiles from your guests. Take LOTS of pictures!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• if you are by a resort or any kind of lodge you could see if they have a room you could rent for a few hours, or maybe investigate a local rec center or bowling alley. I agree with the pp, 1st bdays are more for the grown ups, we just made a bunch of food and set up picnic tables outside, everyone was happy...including bday boy
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• thank you guys. well its not until feb. so i still have a little while. holidays and special occasions are so caotic without a plan that works for everyone. and finding the right place and time is critical.
    thanks alot!
    casslynn09

Answer by casslynn09 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2010