Shout out to WORKING MOMMIES! How much do you work/go to school? Are you able to balance being a working gal and mommy well?

I don't want to go back to work! I'm going to school Full Time with a three month old which is already a mouthful. Sooo... any personal experiences with being a mom and also working/going to school? How did you balance life and work? Any disaster or success stories? Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I am a nurse. I work night shift about 3 nights a week. Works out great for us! I get to do what I love, get paid pretty well, and be home with the kids a lot.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i couldnt handle all 3 so i had to choose which was more important...so i had to drop going to school so i could provide for my son. I am able to go back now since he is school age but i dont have the money...maybe when i get out of debt i can.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Just wanted to say good for you OP! More power to you!!! If you want to succeed... you will!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I manage both. It was REALLY hard at first though.But after a year or so we got the track of it!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 7:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• My first is due in May, so I may no qualitfy to answer this, but I am currently taking 8 classes this semester so I can get my BA in May for my baby too!! And I also work 30 hours a wk!! YAY for sleep ... ;)
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I have a 3month old, work 50 hrs a week (w/ commute) and take 1 class a semester for my Masters. Work and my classes are intense due to their subject nature, and honestly w/o the wonderful DH I have, I don't think I could do it.
    mrsJLA

Answer by mrsJLA at 9:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I have the best of both worlds. I work in a local high school, so I really only work when my older kids are in school and my youngest goes to my mil's while I'm at work. I get all the same holidays as the kids- there's only 2 or 3 days a year when I have to go in that the kids don't. I also have a great hubby who is as involved with the kids and all their activities and care as I am. He actually has a more flexible schedule so when there are things going on during the school day he's usually the one that can get to them.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I work on the weekends and go to school full time online. I have two kids ages 4 and 1. I get up early to take my oldest to school everyday. Chase after baby brother all day, try to fit in school work, clean, cook, pick-up oldest, feed, bath, and bed. Work Sat and Sunday as a caregiver. I get a lot of time with the kids though so its good.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am in school now (semester just started Monday) and I have no idea how I'm doing it!! lol. I work 1-2 days a week and have class 3 days a week. The most I have to loose time with him is in the mornings when I drop him off at the sitters so he can catch the bus to get to school. In the evenings I have to make dinner, clean the house, help my son with home work, have him shower, read him a book to bed, then finally I get to sit down and...do my homework and study. I go to bed around midnight and then wake up and do it all over again. Days like those are without counting paying bills, grocery shopping, and running other errands. I honestly don't know how I do it some days. This week has been hell but I have held up pretty good and gotten everything done that has needed done. Good luck mama!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I worked full time as a teacher, so there was TONS of work I had to do at home too, had a 3 month old, a 5 year old, and got my Master's degree. Hubby stayed home, so no day care. It was a breeze. I don't see the problem.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010