Anyone have a missed period for over two months and NOT be pregnant?

I know 100% sure I am not pregnant, but I have not had a period since October 2009. I was very stressed in October due to holiday's and family and such, but now am feeling better but no period. I suspected PCOS because I am over weight, but my gluclose levels are normal and I have no other symptoms. The only time this ever happened to me was when I had a miscarriage and I had to have a shot of progesterone to jump start my period so now, I am using progesterone cream and have been since January 2. Anyone ever had this happen to them?

MrsFizz007

Asked by MrsFizz007 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Health

• i hadnt had a period for 6 months either but they told me it was due to my depo shot even though i hadnt gotten the shot anymore! then they gave me birthcontrol pills to jumpstart my period and it didnt work either ... i just decided to wait it out with out anything anymore and this last X~mas i got it on my own ...
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 7:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I didn't have a period for like 3 months. I'm not really sure why, but my doctor perscribed me something (can't remember the name) and it helped me to start my period and then I was regular after that.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 7:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I get my period 3 or 4 times a year. Not pregnant, not stressed, both on and off the pill it doesn't matter which- the doctors don't see anything wrong with it. I personally think it's a little weird and it definitely was hard trying to predict when I could get pregnant, but even having a baby didn't make me regular! I also had a miscarriage with baby #1 and then they found I had very low progesterone levels.. so that might have something to do with it. What is this progesterone cream?
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• The progesterone cream that I'm currently using is called Meno-Ease or something like that. That's a new name and it's used by some women who are going through menopause but from what I read, a lot of women who are NOT pre menopausal or going through menopause use it. From what I read, a lot of them who have not had their period get their period 2 to 4 weeks after using the cream so I'm hoping that's what happens for me!

Thanks for all of the answers! It makes me feel better that it's not only me. I haven't been on birth control for about 4 or 5 years now.
    MrsFizz007

Answer by MrsFizz007 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i was on the Depo shot, got off it and my doc put me on the progest cream, pills and shots in Jan of 09' then in may i got preg but didnt know it and had a miscarry in June 09'. then was put on the nuva ring to help regulate me. and now im off BC and have a regular 26 day cylce
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yup I did frequently before my new birth control kicked in (now I don't get them at all). Mine would stop due to stress and then it would take about a month or 2 to get restarted after the stress died down.
    Anonymous

• My period is very irregular. Six months I might go every month (regular) and then suddenly it will be 3 months and nothing. I am not pregnant and not too much stress (notice I said not too much I have 3 kids under 5 that drive me nuts sometimes). My doctor say that is not that common but is nothing to worried about it (in my case anyway). So, i just wait until my next period :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Last year, I went 6 months with no period. I knew I couldn't be pregnant, because I had a tubal ligation in 2005. Doctors said it was 2 things: 1. Hormones 2. Ovarian cysts. They swore birth control would fix me up, but I decided to let my body work itself out. It eventually did, but it was frustrating. best thing to do is talk to your doctor and decide what's best for you.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I have PCOS and was pleased to see that you were taking this into consideration. And the only thing that I want to throw out is that PCOS can lead to diabetes. So if it isn't staring you the face already loosing the weight really is important... I know it's hard.
    toonew2two

Answer by toonew2two at 2:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2010