baby hair care??

i have a almost 3 month old son. he is my first he is biracial (black and white) i dont know how to care for his hair its part curly and part straight its shedding is that normal?? and he has cradle cap real bad its all the way down to his eyebrows and suggestion thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I am assuming you're white. You have to add oil to his hair or it will become very brittle and it will hurt his scalp. Most black hair, or ethnic hair whichever term you prefer, their scalps dont create their own oils the way caucasians do and so therefore you have to ADD it in.

I am not talking about dumping an oil well on his head, because I see that way too much, but just oil the scalp a little. It doesnt need to on the hair itself, just the scalp.

You can find the oil anywhere, and there are plenty of varieties you can use.
    Anonymous

• Use coconut oil. Olive oil and almond oil also works.

For cradle cap I used coconut oil to soften, a soft brush in circular motions gently to lift it off, and aloe to soothe. I did this over a couple of days a little at a time.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010