what religion does not get there baby boys circumcised?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Episcopal religion does not require that. Thought it was pushed for religiously just in the Jewish Religion?
    Anonymous

• It is not pushed in the LDS faith. I will not be having it done to my boys.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Im LDS and was told that its a personal decision and that the church doesnt take a stand for or against it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Aqua_Jen here is a link to LDS scripture refererences with reguard to circumsion http://www.cirp.org/library/cultural/LDS/
    Here is my fav one...In Moroni 8:8
    "Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord, and your God. Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little children are whole, for they are not capable of committing sin; wherefore the curse of Adam is taken from them in me, that it hath no power over them; and the law of circumcision is done away in me."
    Anonymous

• I am anon 9:33. I am LDS, did NOT circ my boys. but yes many LDS do circ
    Anonymous

• I am southern baptist christian and my son is NOT circumsized.....no reason too.
    Anonymous

• Im just saying, my bishop told me the church doesnt say one way or another.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• other than the jewish faith, i never knew any other religion gave two hoots about it one way or the other!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i think its just a new fad...maybe britney spears didnt do it or something so now everyone is against it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• shay, I'm just going to assume that you don't have any boys and have never had to make that choice for them...if it were a "fad" either way it would actually make sense that it would be a fad to have it done, not the other way around. I can't count how many times I've seen women just right here on this site say they did it because it's was "just what you did".
    Anonymous