Have you ever wanted to just quit?

I am seriously getting to that point. I am a SAHM and anytime my husband leaves our daughter is NOT content unless I am holding her 24/7. I never get a break. I am just sick of this. I try to get on the floor and play with her but it doesn't matter. She is not content with anything unless I am holding her, but then she tries to get away. He asks me why I don't cuddle with her much if any anymore, but it's because of how she is when he isn't here. I used to hate when it was time for her to go to bed, but now I look forward to it because then I actually get a little bit of peace and quiet before I have to clean up the house and get that stuff done.

Theres a few times when she will let me put her down, but I have to be RIGHT beside her. If I move out of her site, say I open the fridge to get a drink she FREAKS and then there is no calming her down.

Please, Any help please? Suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since she freaks when DAD is gone, perhaps a little Daddy reassurance will go a long way. Does he have a cell phone? Call him on it and let him talk to her.

Wear one of his shirts with his scent all over it. Infants have terrific noses and scent memories and that can be very calming.

And when all else fails...find a sitter and get out for a bit. I'm dead serious. It'll be worth the investment.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• how old is she? i might be able to give better advice if knew what age range were talking about....lol
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• 7 months. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• it all gets better, i promise. right now you are running yourself ragged which doesn't make it easier to handle. trust me, one day you will be looking back and telling yourself it wasn't so bad and you wish for her to be a baby again. My daughter just turned 2, and as hellish as it was in the first several months of her life, with the colic and everything else i was trying to get used to, i miss her being that little baby that i could hold and cuddle with. they grow up too fast so try to treasure the tiny moments.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• He was on vacation for Christmas and was here a lot for about three weeks. That is when I noticed the "big" change. If that helps any too. I ran out of room to type earlier. =/
    Anonymous

• At under a year, this isn't uncommon. And heck yes. In fact, EVERY mom wants to quit at some point. That's where Calgon came up with the "Take me away" ad campaign. (And now I've just dated myself horribly.)

So, how old? That will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• She wont cuddle. Thats the thing. The entire time I try to hold her,. she is wiggling trying to get away... but if I dont hold her then she screams bloody murder. I would LOVE to cuddle with her and not have to fight to get her to stay in my arms. =(
    Anonymous

• There is separation anxiety at around this time, plus or minus two months. She's needing reassurance that you're there. Do you have a swing or a sling or an exersaucer? One of those things can really help.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• She hates her swing and bouncer. I will put her in it, and she will scream until I pick her up. I've waited upwards of 15 minutes to see if she would eventually calm down, and nope. Nothing.
    Anonymous

• the swing was my savior on many occasions. try different things to help stimulate her and get her attention on other things. i think at 7 months they are becoming more aware of their surroundings and wanting to explore and see things but obviously can not on their own. she could be bored too. try walks in the stroller. go out to the mall, get yourself some coffee and walk through the mall if you live somewhere cold right now.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2010