stomache ache

My son has complained of a stomacheache for a few nights in a row now. The first night I totally did not buy it because I thought he was using it as an excuse not to be in bed (that's typical for him). But he has stuck to the story and still tonight is saying his stomache hurts. No other symptoms. The sad thing is I am a peds nurse, but somehow allways seem to have a little less insight when it comes to my own kid. lol
Anyone have ideas or tips what I should do?
Thanks!!!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• watch for a pattern. with eating, drinking, when it happens...is he nervous about something, school issues so he is worried abut the followig day? fight with a friend, or is he hiding candy in his room and pigging out lol, j/k but with kids ya never know.the biggest is watch for the pattern is it only at bedtime is a good one too. If yes, hthen really watch from dinner on. who knows maybe its a prob with something he is eating or drinking on a daily basis...maybe ilk with dinner? good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• has he been going to potty regular?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yup - going potty daily
    Not eating anything new that I can think of that would upset his stomache.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2010