Tell Me About Going Raw

Tell me about going raw. I'd like to try it for a week or two and see how I feel.

MoonLover06

Asked by MoonLover06 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Pick up a copy of Alive and Raw by Linda Carter; you should be able to find it at your local library.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• LOL. Thanks. My local library is non existant.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Raw diets can really help detox and re-energize you. Some people are vegan on their raw diet. Others incorporate raw milks, raw eggs, raw fish, and raw "cured" meats.

I make "raw" beef jerky. The meat is "cool" cured at under 100 degrees F to keep the enzymes in tact. I have a dehydrator. I don't have my own chickens, so I don't do raw eggs. My friends who have chickens drop a raw egg in smoothies. You have to wash the shell very well before cracking.

http://www.simplyrawrecipes.com/ -- very good raw food site. The man who writes this site is very knowledgeable and he can actually cook well.

Fruit and veggie salads are the simplest things to make. Raw nuts and sprouts can provide plenty of protein and carbs to keep you balanced. PM me if you want more links and info.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It might take more than a week or two to see improvement, but one of the books I'm reading about it has a story from early in the century where a business traveler was staying at a hotel that served pasteurized milk and he started feeling poorly, so moved to a hotel with raw milk and saw his energy return. The book that convinced me to go raw has a title that probably wouldn't ever cause you to buy it if you were looking for info on raw milk. It's called Eat Fat, Lose Fat, by Dr Mary Enig and Sally Fallon. The book I'm reading now is Milk: The Untold Story. PM me if you want more info. I'm looking for someone to chat with about this!
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2010