email-- either a joke or a debate question LOL which do you think? Are they committing a mortal or a venial sin?

St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine of Hippo decide to rob a bank. The note to the teller is 1,200 pages long, not counting footnotes, complete with a promise of damnation if the teller does not accept immediate Baptism. In the middle of the heist, they engage in an extended debate as to whether or not the money really exists.

Are they committing a mortal or a venial sin?

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 9:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Venial for them and mortal for you for posting this! :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• you will have to clue me in on what this means LOL

I am really lost. I know the bank robbing is wrong but did they get the money?
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• wow Katty, bet you didn't just realize your soul died when you posted that? LMAO! it's a joke and a venial sin if anything for all involved.

venial - slight sin, God's feelings get hurt
    mortal - death of the soul

Anonymous

• ROTFLMMFAO!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• okay my vote is that its a venial sin only because if its true these people are just really weird and probably not capable of hurting anyone just causing a lot of trouble.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• This cracked me up - especially since I've actually waded through the writings of Aquinas and Augustine. Some insightful stuff there , but no easy read. They didn't get the money because the bank teller was too busy taking a college-level theology class in an attempt to decipher the note to give them the money.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Here's another one that makes me laugh and think:

A Zen Buddhist master once said to me, "Do the opposite of whatever I tell you." So I didn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Well don't I feel stupid LOL I was trying to figure out the sin part but I get it now.

Look at their writing and they tend to talk and ramble.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 11:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2010