help she will no longer sleep...just screams...nothing will comfort her

my dd is 15months and has her medicine in her for teething(her molars r coming in) she was tired an hr and a half ago...ive tried comforting her but if i leave the room or even move she goes ballistic..she has her sippy(only way to get her to sleep without the bottle..plz no judgment)and blankies...just will not go to sleep.... also every morning she wakes between 1-5 and i have to hold her to calm her screaming or get any sleep. The doctor said this could be because she isnow seeing dreams or she maybe having nightmares. Do you have any other ideas on how i could possibly comfort her? she used to always go to bed so easily so this is very hard on me and her plus i am back to only getting 3-5 hr a night..

rellcinko

Asked by rellcinko at 9:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg, my 15m old is getting his molars as well! They came in faster than I thought. Have you tried nighttime orajel or Motrin? Good luck!!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• she has 3 of her molars ina nd 1 more ready to come in plus sounds like eye teeth maynot be far behind...but idk if all it is the teeth or not...orajel does nothing for her and i am out of the motrin only tylenol and i already gave it to her...tht y i dont understand..the way she screaming and clinging idk if it pain the tylenol didnt take care of or if shes scared
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 9:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Ahh yes, my 16mo dd is getting 3 molars and 2 front teeth right now- isn't it lovely? She also wakes in the middle of the night again- unless she is screaming bloody murder I leave her in her room to comfort herself.. other times- she throws her binky out of her crib and cries for it because she knows I'll go back in. I've found that though I'm still waking up with her, setting a bottle of warm water out for when she wakes up later on helps me 10fold. It's already ready for me, she drinks it and goes right back to bed. Does your LO nap still? I've found that if my DD naps for longer than an hour or if she sleeps past 3:30 she won't go down without putting up a huge stink. When she does, I let her cry for a good 15 mins, take her out with all the lights off, read a book, give her a bottle, then she's normally ready. Goooood luck, mama!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yes heathir still takes 2-3 naps a day but i nvr took naptime into consideration... everytime she wakes now it bloody murder!!! and she doesnt take a passy or a bottle anymore so it me or the sippy for comfort cuz she cant seem to find another way to comfort herself
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 10:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Homeopathic teething tablets are fantastic. You can get those at any drug store. Or, you can mix equal parts Benadryl and Mylanta and dab a little bit on the trouble spots. That's what my pediatrician recommended and it works like a charm. I literally put two small drops on it and it seemed to soothe my LO. I would avoid Tylenol all together since they are on their third recall in less than a year!
    MelaSparks

Answer by MelaSparks at 11:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2010