why are there groups against feminism?

what do women have against a little feminism?

websters dictionary defines it as follows

1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

is this something worth creating a group AGAINST?

do you not want to be equal to your man??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• in respect yes in stupidity no
    Anonymous

• it's the woman's choice. IDK maybe they have some deeper issue involved that doesn't "allow" them to make decisions for themselves.
    Anonymous

• i think you missed the key word of THEORY. like most things in this world, the theory is alot different than the actual practice. i think alot of people are turned off by feminism bc it is mixed in with alot of man-bashing and hatred toward men and that is what gives it such a negative connotation

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think it depends on upbringing and one's core values. I went to boot camp with a girl that wasn't okay with women doing "manly jobs". Which blew my mind that she chose to be a mechanic lol. She firmly believed that women belonged at home and men belonged in the garage. It's just the way some people are raised to believe is right.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• There are women who believe that they should be subservient to a man. Whatever...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I seen someone's siggy with the phrase, "women against feminism." I find it sad...b/c women before us fought so hard for equal rights in this country. Did you know we did not even earn the right to vote(19th amendment) till 1920!?!? The women against feminism should be thankful they have the choice to be a sahm or career mom. Among other choices we have. We still make less money on jobs than men, many countries still dont have the freedoms we do as women. I vote every election regardless because there are women before me that fought and often risked their lives for me to able to that!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think some people misunderstand what it is. I took a college class on it a long, long time ago and some people in the class thought feminism meant women being superior to men. But then, I think we are superior to men anyways. lol
    Anonymous

• Where are these groups, I want to be part of them!
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 10:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I wonder if it's because of the radical feminists? I love to be treated like a lady by my husband. I like having the door opened for me, I enjoy looking good & being put together and I love it when people visit our home and comment on how tidy it is. I'm not a snob at all, I love camping and doing outdoor stuff, fishing and the like. Heck, I used to go deep sea fishing with my Dad every year in Alaska. I think some women are simply sick and tired of being bullied by radical feminists who think because we choose to stay home for the family, wear makeup daily, get pampered now and then, etc., or maybe because we choose to pamper our guys some after they work a long day, we are somehow mindless drones. My feelings are there should be balance in everything. But I do expect to be treated like a lady at all times. And I expect my husband to be a man too, tough and strong but with intelligence and wit too.
    Mom2LeahNathan

Answer by Mom2LeahNathan at 10:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Feminism started out as a powerful movement for women..but like a lot of things..it went really wrong. There are these crazy feminist who miss the point entirely about what equality really means. That is what is stupid about it. They took a good thing and pushed it to a horrible level. I think there are many differences btw men and women that should be seen and respected. But with many feminist those things don't exist to them. They believe we are exactly the same besides anatomy. That to me is wrong. That is taking everything that the woman is and confining her to a smaller description. And the same for men. I think equality is respecting the differences in people and being encouraging and supportive of one another. Rather than tryin to purposefully hold eachother back or insult eachother to raise ourselves up.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010