smoking weed and drinking while pregant

ok so my hubby sister has three kids 7&5&1 year old. she drink beer and smoked weed thou out the hole pregancy with her first to kids.and they were born healthy when she got pregant with the last baby he was born with defects. i dont no what it is called. but he will never be able to eat food like evry one else. the mom has to go buy it at the hosiptal. for one box of mac and chesse is 7 dollars. any ways she thinks since she didnt smoke weed and drink that is why he came out with defects. am i the only one that thinks she is a retard. i swear some people are just flat out stupid*-*

what is your thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep, some people are stupid.....
    ThePinkRobot

Answer by ThePinkRobot at 9:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Um wow. If she really thinks that than she needs all of her kids taken away from her for being the most ignorant and stupid person that ever walked the earth.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yeah, she sounds dumb.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I vote stupid. She should have her ovaries taken out to prevent future breeding.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I didn't smoke weed and my kid is healthy...oops, there goes her theory.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 10:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Wow, she should not be responsible for other lives. I hope she makes better choices in the future. I didn't even drink anything with caffeine while I was pregnant.................can't imagine doing drugs and drinking.......................evil.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i have a friend that smoked weed and ciggaretts through her pregnancy and since her baby came out heathly she thinks its ok but you never know the long term effects. it drives me crazy seeing a pregnant female smoking or drinking. i see it as being selfish because for not even 9 months they cant stop just for the babys health
    Anonymous

• I completely agree anon. When I was pregnant, I was walking into the doctor's office VERY OBVIOUSLY pregnant and some other very pregnant woman asked me if I had a cigarette!!!!!!!! I swear I felt like spitting on her!! Who just asks a random pregnant woman if they have a cigarette? Obviously, not too bright of a person...............hell, you'd think she would at least have some shame and wouldn't try to light up right in front of the drs office.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I believe you are referring to phenylketonuria, aka PKU. They test every baby for this at birth. That is why they stick their heels at 24 hrs and again at 2 weeks. However, I am a nurse and I have never actually heard of a baby having it. That is really quite sad.

And yes, unfortunately some people ARE just stupid. Believe me, it sucks to send kids home with parents who are and then wonder "why did this joker get knocked up four/five/six times and I can't even get pregnant with a second one?" It's times like that when God challenges me to trust Him.
    MelaSparks

Answer by MelaSparks at 11:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You shouldn't do anything during a pregnancy to put the baby at risk. If someone can't wait 9 months to resume their regular habits, they are not very smart and quite selfish!

Answer by older at 10:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2010