What do these symptoms mean? (around 38 weeks)

Alright ladies...

I'm having back "pressure"...hard to explain. It's just uncomfy, nothing I can't handle though...not all the time, mainly at night. (weird?!) It's mainly on my right side and in the middle of my back, not lower. And i'm going to the bathroom ALOT (number two!!!!!) Also I have a lot of pressure "down there", like she's kickin to get out lol. But NO contractions AT ALL...unless I just don't feel them. Is this letting me know that i'm going into labor soon, or am I just delusional?!!!? =/

I'm due Feb. 1st :P

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like the very early beginnings of labor to me :) the back pain is probably those contractions you can't feel, the reason you notice them more at night is because you are relaxed and not doing anything, up and moving during the day can keep you from noticing those.
    the #2 that can irritate the uterus (and vice versa) and bring on labor.
    that pressure would probably be effacement and dilation. I know some women say you can't feel it but I sure as heck did!
    If it doesn't get worse over the weekend, call your Dr. for a check Monday if they are open (holiday) or Tuesday.
    Anonymous

• I'd say labor is probably just around the corner! I was going #2 a lot for about a week and 1/2 before I went into labor. Also my son was really low and kicking me REAL hard to the point where I was almost crying from the pain.
    Anonymous

• yeah... you're about to pop momma.

if she's posterior then you may not have normal contractions at all- thats what early labor felt like to me. I had 3 posterior babies, and had nothing but back labor with all of them.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• very interesting to know your going through something similar to me, I turn 37 weeks next week and have been having the same back "pressure" mines more pain though around the same areas, and the other symptoms are the same as well glad to know I'm not crazy ha I'm due Feb 12 but supposed to be having her around the first week of Feb. Good luck=)!
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 10:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• MizMzBowz, Thanks you too :] How come due 12th but having her around the first though =/ I think if I go any longer, I won't have to deliver, my tummy is def. going to explode lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Actually, it could be gall bladder. Do you eat a lot of fatty food?
    Anonymous

• All of those symptoms sound like common late pregnancy symptoms to me and nothing sounds like labor is near. Yeah, at 38 weeks labor is probably just around the corner but it doesnt sound like its going to happen tomorrow
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010