What is wrong with people? A bit venty...

So, yesterday my niece's brother was killed in a car accident. (Her mom and dad divorced, dad remarried so the man was not my nephew but I knew him). Anyway, he was young, 21, with two young children. I was reading an article about it on out local newspaper site and you can comment. So, someone made a post about how the deceased didn't have a full-time job (he was working) and made a derogatory sounding comment on his "illegitimate kids".

What makes people speak about someone who died that way? I had to post a comment back so I'll see what happens. But man did it get under my skin.

Seriously....

Ok, done now, thanks for letting me vent.

heatheryn

Asked by heatheryn at 10:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• people are just sick :(
    several months ago, a 10 month old I knew was raped and murdered by her stepfather. You would not believe the sick and disgusting things that were posted before the news paper site shut down the comments!
    I am sorry for your niece's loss BTW
    Anonymous

• Drama addicts would be my guess.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 10:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Oh and the poster said the family didn't want to comment because basically they were embarrassed by him. In reality, they didn't comment because they are not in a good place right now including a brother who has stopped talking and eating. Idiots.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• do you have a link to the article?
    Anonymous

• Our local papers website has a group of people who are like that. The paper has gotten to where they do not allow comments to be made on certain types of articles.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/01/21-year-old_auto_crash_victim.html

I reported that comment and just looked and was surprised to find it was removed.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• OH my goodness! I am SO sorry!!!
    People should NOT be spoken about that way.
    I remember when my parents died - I was almost 14. It was a murder-suicide. I HATED it when people called my dad a murderer - he did take my mother's life - but I never saw him in that light as i knew he was mentally ill and that man wasn't TRULY my father. Here I am, SO many years later and still hate hearing that.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• ohhhhh man that happens in my town all the time, our paper just turns into a battleground where sympathy and compassion don't exist very often!!!

I am sorry for your family's loss - family is more than blood it's times spent together that's really most important. maybe you can start a journal at the wake for friends and family and put sections in it of oh How (name) Cared for Others, Funny Things 'He' did or said, Accomplishments ..... it can get conversations going to keep his memory around for a long time...

I'm sorry, Prayers for your family!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2010