is this normal

hey all my prego moms and moms, im pregnant with my fourth baby , im 18 weeks and have not gained one pound, ive never been through this ive always gained more or exactly what im supposed too, my doc said that if i dont gain at least a pound or two by my next appt, she will think im depressed or sumthing. in reality im happy just have felt the urge to eat or craved anything , who else has been through this,

mzsoon2b4

Asked by mzsoon2b4 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ive only gained 5 pounds and im 16 weeks... but i guess that is some weight then none?
    Anonymous

• wow, why would that mean you're depressed? don't worry about it. as long as you're eating right and healthy then don't worry. i didn't gain with my daughter (#3) like i did for my sons and she was just as big as they were. if your dr. keeps stressing you out about the weight issue just remind her that she works for you and to stop giving you shit about stuff you have no control over
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I actually lost weight with my first and second, till I was at 27 weeks. Then I ballooned up so big I could stand and rest a plate on my belly (lost it all the day the baby was born, YAY, lucky me).
    Anonymous

• I gained 35 pounds with my first two. With this one, it will be more like 25. I have changed nothing from the other pregnancies, just happening that I'm not gaining as much. If you are eating correctly, tell the doc to relax. If you are not, try to eat several healthy snacks through out the day if you are not feeling hungry. That way you get the goodness and don't have to worry about it! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• thanks ladies, i appreciate the advise. lets see what happens from now on, i dont crave anything and when i do its all healthy like fruits and stuff , i guess thats a good thing rite
    mzsoon2b4

Answer by mzsoon2b4 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I didn't gain any weight til after I hit 20 weeks... I'm 35 weeks now and only gained 13lbs.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2010