does this mean labor is near?

ill be 39 weeks tuesday and every time i get up from sitting like no matter how long im sitting for even if its just for 5 mins i have to pee like crazy but when i go its only a little dribble?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could be a bladder infection or just the change of pressure on your bladder from the baby.I would ask the doctor to make sure.
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem, it was bc my son was shifting around in side.Everything is sooo compacted htat our bladders cant hold as much like before we got preg. but mainly the say your just running out of room for the baby to grow
    BoogersMommy717

Answer by BoogersMommy717 at 4:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i think it's normal for the end of pregnancy. the baby is really squishing your bladder so it won't hold much, and the constant pressure makes you feel the need to pee anyway. i was like that in my first pregnancy and our bathroom was upstairs so i was getting a lot of exercise! :) gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• No. It means that your baby is bigger and positioned in such a way as to put a lot of pressure on your bladder. Or you have a UTI. They'll check for that at your next appointment, but if it starts to burn when you pee or you notice blood, you should make an earlier appointment. It's probably just the baby's position, though.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2010