Today the owner of my daughters school told me "she understands because she's a high maintenance mom too" What?????? is that suppose to mean because I don't leave my kid sick in school and go to work.

Fisrt let me say these people are so worried I'm going to get upset with them about something.
I have had one issue with these people once when my daughter had a 101.4 fever when I picked her up from school. So I called the next day and the (put me on Speakerphone) with the Director Asst Director, and Owner to try and pacify me. To me it was strange and not necessary to put me on speaker like that. Today my daughter fell and scrapped her chin they called my 2 hours later to tell me. The Asst director saying she just found out and she's sorry. When she called I was pulling in the school parking lot to pick up my daughter. I'm a SAHM mom my daughter goes to Early Preschool 3 days a week and I take online classes. So I told them if she's ill call me so I can come pick her up right away. Yes, I ask questions and take interest in what my daughter does at school, but I don't think that makes me high maintenance ,she fell no biggy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not even sure what they mean by "high maintenance." I thought you were going to say that you always have your nails and hair done, wear heals all the time and talk to everyone like they're your employees. The fact that you're upset that your child is sick and the school doesn't call makes you a protective mom if anything not high. maintenance, maybe you should find a school where the people in charge have a little more education and can use words properly.
    Anonymous

• People at my kid's school run when I come in too!However I prefer to think of us as mom's with their child's best interests instead of school agenda personal.
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 11:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Well I am not sure why you are high maint lol seems sort of weird, the good news is that you have the option of finding another school if you dont like the treatment. Personally I would go somewhere else, if i was being treated like that without a good reason.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2010