Wheres a good place to live?

Me an my fiance are thinking about getting a house soon and i really want to move from Madison, WI. Its really getting boring living here. I want to be close to a city but live in a suburb. I want to live in a state where they have good house prices and the economy out there is good. Im also still pretty young so im also looking for nightlife. The most important thing to us though is schools and a family environment. Could you help me out please?

brit041

Asked by brit041 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Home & Garden

• There are great books at the library which list the top places in America to live. They give different statistic and helpful info about each town. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i love where we live in connecticut. its two hours from boston in one direction and two hours from nyc. its an hour from the shore, and the mountains. the only problem is its damn expensive to live here! but hte schools are great, there's plenty to do both as a family and a couple...the only trouble with it is that it costs a lot.
    anniekelleher

Answer by anniekelleher at 6:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Here is SC the brand new houses are affordable! what costs a 1/2 mill in Fl for a 3 bed 2 bath is $116K semi custom brand new. We also have GREAT school systems with lots of computer classes and further education and help for kids with disabilities. Columbia area is a BIG college town so there is TONS of nightlife and clubs but the burbs are quiet and nice.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Best Places to Live: Compare the Best Cities & Small Towns for You!
    Don't settle for a magazine list of best places for everyone - find your own best places to live in America with the FindYourSpot online quiz! ...
    www.findyourspot.com/ - 26k -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I'm from the Chicago suburbs... there's lots of stuff to do in the city & the suburbs. I moved from the Chicago area to the Seattle area. Seattle is nice too, but not somewhere I'd want to live forever.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Palatka Florida. Or anywhere in Florida. I love it here.
    MommyInfinity

Answer by MommyInfinity at 8:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Oklahoma is one of the cheapest places to live both with rent and house prices. If you can stand the constant bad weather, I guess it's not so bad. Tulsa is a lot more exciting than OKC, but OKC is only a few hours from Dallas. I live in Norman, 20 min from OKC. It's pretty nice, just your run of the mill college town.
    cassie_1337

Answer by cassie_1337 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2008