Did you go to public school, private school, or homeschool?

I was a public school kid =) My husband went to a public Catholic school in his home country through eighth grade, then he went to high school at a government-funded private bilingual school. (You had to take an entry exam, I think that's why it was private.)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Roachiesmom~ there are people who simply ARE socially inept, and then there are people who are inept because they have not been given opportunity. It is wrong not to seek help for a child who has social barriers, but it is even more devastating to take a NORMAL child and prevent them from interacting with other NORMAL children.
    mum had me active in sports, HS groups, church activities *shudder*, and many public service/volunteer groups... the problem was that I was limited to the same group of families in ALL of my interactions. Other extremely zealous christian families who withhold their children from the reality of the world around them. Sheltered does not even begin to describe what these people are like- perhaps, cultish?

your personality type would not have necessarily benefited from HS, no matter what you may think- I believe it was wrong that you did not get the therapy that you needed, and I'm sorry for that.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I went to public school K-12. Then, I went to a private college. I taught at a private school after that. I taught in public schools as well. My kids will continue in public school all the way. Even with its faults, I love public school. Private school is so, so, SO, grrr, don't get me started.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Wow... What year??
    k-9 Public School (8 different ones)
    10 - 2 more public schools
    10 - 12 --- Private Boarding School
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Public school from Preschool to HS. Same with DH. My daughters go to a nice Public school directly from my apartment complex. i can walk them to school and pick them up every day. I wanted to put my oldest daughter in a Academy here but the tuition is alot and they even want me to pay a fee just to fill out papers. So i said No way!
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 11:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Home Schooled the whole way through. I will NEVER abuse my children in such a cruel way.

It IS true that I received a more comprehensive education, but I also quit taking instruction in the 4th grade. I read my texts, took the tests and moved on... *sigh* I likely would have been less than entertained by curriculum in a PS setting, but I would not be socially crippled either.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Public school. I have it to thank in huge amounts for me being the anti-social weirdo I am today.

I had boarding school fantasies throughout most of my academic career. But, sadly, I would have still been, well, ME...just somewhere else.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 12:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• public school. My husband also went to public school until high school, then switched to a (public) charter school.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I went to a private day care and then while all my friends there went on to private grade school I spent the next 12 years of my life lost in the public school system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• k-3 (part year of 3) in public school, 3- 7 (part year in 7th) in private school 7-12 in public school

Both have their upsides and both have their down. No education is ever going to be a perfect fit for everyone.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Public all the time.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2010