Do you ever feel as if being a stay at home mom is not good enough these days?

I'm 22 and I've been staying at home with my son for 3 years now. I've don't have a drivers license so I'm literally at home 95% of the week until the weekend when my fiance is off work. I feel so alone! My friends who have kids are all able to go out, work and go to college. All my family lives out of state and my fiance's family lives too far out of town to watch our son that often. Just want to know I'm not completely alone!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I live outside of town and my husband doesnt like to go places on his weekend, so I leave the house maybe once every two weeks, and I have no friends at all and no family here besides my inlaws that dont like me. It sucks and it is hard on you but you will figure a way to get social. I started a book club.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I know how you feel, I am also a SAHM, it often gets lonely even if you have adrivers license, but I will say this, getting a drivers license can be liberating for you. You must feel suffocated if you can't go anywhere right? I know when I start to feel this way I get out of the house. I know you may be afraid to learn how to drive, but don't let your fears control your life. As a teen I felt that way because my friends were all driving and I was not, lead to many mistakes because I just wanted my freedom. don't let yourself get to that point out of desperation to get out of the house. What about public transportation?
    FriendforLife

Answer by FriendforLife at 12:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I know i was a stay at home mom for a year, i'm 19.. luckily i have a drivers license so after i got over depression and what not i started going for library trips with her... now i'm in school so i get out even more.. i was really depressed for a while not knowing what to do or having anywhere to go... just hang in there.. work on getting a license or take more walks with your son
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Study for your drivers license and take the written test. Then have your DH help you learn to drive the car. I bet he won't mind helping you out.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I have a driver license and car and still end up home 99% of the time. I think once you get our drivers licence maybe you can go out more and hopefully make friends in the local area who are SAHM's like you.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I am a stay at home mother as well I have a 3yr old and an 8mth old right now I don't have a vehicle because we sold one to get the down payment to our house but either way I do have my license it's really easy and I had no choice to get it my hubby wouldnt let me drive with out it. so i am stuck at home tell we get another vehicle. So what i do is I make lunch for my friends and invite them over to have girl time and I do not regret staying home with my children
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 1:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2010