About hair color

Can a pregnant women use color on her hair? I heard that is safety to use the one that is like a shampoo (Natural Instincts) the color is gone with 20 washes or more. Is true?

Lizyari

Asked by Lizyari at 11:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I dyed my hair during pregnancy. I got highlights during the whole pregnancy. They say not to do it in your first trimester.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i dont know for sure...i do know its not safe to do blonde because there is more bleach but maybe darker wouldnt hurt...call a stylist and ask
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I have no idea if it's true or not but to be honest with you I think I colored my hair at least once when I was pregnant with my son.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i do hair and its fine to color your hair.....they used to say the chemicals seeped into your body but not so much anymore....if it was an issue they wouldnt let stylist work while pregnant...they breathe in and mess with the chemicals all day
    juliak818

Answer by juliak818 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I asked my dr and she sad it is fine to dye your hair
    happy2bamommy86

Answer by happy2bamommy86 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2010