So frustrated, my state sucks

So today my sons father tells me that he is only trying to get time with him to hurt me, that his girlfriend has always wanted to have lots of children so it will be good practice for her, and he hopes it makes my life miserable. On top of that he said that he can do whatever he wants and leave him with his 11 year old sister if they feel like going out for the night. I am sick to my stomache over this. He has only been around a couple times and that was in the beginning, and my lawyer already told me he has a super chance of getting a full visitation schedule of every other weekend once he proves himself for about a month. She advised me not to get any visitation schedule in writing and try to work it out with him first.

I am so sad. I dont have proof bc he said everything on the phone, but it is killing me that he is going to do this and he doesnt even care about my son.

What am i supposed to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• what state may i ask and second i would try to get something done in writing with him if he does not agree to it than you can present to the courts he was not willing to work stuff out for the best interests to the child.Also you can state what has went on over the years with his attempts to be a parent and so on.However,proof holds up more in court.By the sounds of it he has none and is just causing you grief and wanting to show off for his new girlfriend.
    Anonymous

• i am so sorry ...i am going through the same thing. It sounds like we are dealing with the same man.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Michigan. My county is pretty liberal, even the pro mothers judges i guess are not going to do much about anything unless the guy is hurting the child....yet his admitance of not giving a crap about the child does not matter. He doesnt really need proof of anything to get the visitation schedule he wants. He would have like 3 full weeks this summer if he sticks with the first month of step up visitation starting with one full day and leading to overnights. Sucks so bad bc he doesnt even LOVE my child. This was the first day he ever admitted bad intentions like this. I have literally been crying all day thinking he will be leaving his 11 year old sister to babysit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't let him see that kid until a judge says you have to. And even then I would want supervised visitation.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• yeah, my wants and what i will get are very different according to lawyers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2010