my feet stink!

i have really bad foot odor. and it's sooo embarrassing. it's only after i've been wearing shoes though. i tried this dr. scholl's spray for feet and that seemed to just change the smell but for the worse. suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Health

• bath:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• haha thanks hunny. but i shower every day! and my feet smell fine until i wear shoes for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Are you the same person who has the stinky armpits? Maybe you should try taking a shower.
    Anonymous

• If you're the same person with the armpits you really might have an issue. There's a condition where people just have really bad BO. See a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i think there's something wrong w/your shoes. but their is a spray for a shoes. try that.
    Anonymous

• Are you wearing cheap shoes? or are they older? Both cheap shoes and shoes that you have had for awhile will get that way especially if you excercise or do work in the shoes.

My DH's foot doctor told me that he should have two pairs of good shoes like reebok or new balance (its what the dr suggested) and that shoes shouldnt be worn two days in a row, that you should switch off each day that shoes actually need a rest period (sounds crazy i know). we did it and it worked!I was shocked because DH has other foot problems from wearing military boots for too many years and still having to wear them.

If you wear your work or workout shoes for everyday use also then the smell is in there and will be more noticeable when you take them off even after just running to the store becuse you have warmed up those nasty smells.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• When some shoes get wet they hold a foul odor so you may have to toss them. Try an odor control powder meant for sweaty feet. If it continues you might have foot fungus and not know it(since you shower and don't smell it until you wear shoes) and call doc to make an apt asap. GL and BW!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I hear ya! My feet stink too. And girls i SHOWER everyday.....if I had the chance I'll do it twice. Hon, this is a medical condition. My feet sweat too much, but there is medication for that and you can consult your podiatrician. Good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Just try to keep them dry. Gety well ventalated shoes. Use athlete's foot powder. Take off shoes as mush as possible. MY feet and hands sweat constsntly. Actually, I think there is a medical term for it. Google it.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• The odor is from bacteria, the bacteria grow in dark, damp places. Sprinkle baking soda in your shoes every morning to absorb the persperation.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2010