Did you feel the Oklahoma Earthquake? 4.0 Not a big one, just curious who noticed it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they say ppl in Tulsa could feel it but i live 30 miles from the epicenter & i didnt feel anything. then again my toddler woke up at 5 am so i was trying to keep my sanity when it quaked.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• What? We had an earthquake? I live in Central, OK, but I didn't feel a thing. I grew up in SoCal and experienced many earthquakes there, so maybe it was just no big deal. hmmm.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• AN EARTHQUAKE struck the town of Jones in Central Oklahoma on Friday morning. The Oklahoma earthquake, with an epicentre located three miles northeast of Jones, had a magnitude of 4.0 on the Richter scale.

As per the United States Geological Survey, the earthquake which occured at 9:18 AM, had an epicentre three miles underground and could be felt as far as 60 miles away. Many people in downtown Oklahoma city and Tulsa could feel the rumble of this earthquake. No damage or injuries occurred.
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• southerncharm86