How do you handle stress? What are your secrets? Please share!!

I rely on music and deep breathing...but, I need more suggestions!! :)

love2snorkel70

Asked by love2snorkel70 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Taking a hot shower. As hot as I can stand it.
    Work out on the Wii Fit.
    Blog.
    Listen to music.
    In the spring/summer take long walks.

Basically anything that uses my body or mind. The more I have to focus on that isn't what I'm stressed about, the better chance I'll have of not dwelling on it. It's all about relaxing your body and letting other energy into your mind. As Hippie Yoga Instructor as that sounded it's true. Postive energy allows for a better thought process, better physical energy, and gives you a chance at a peace. Even just for the time of the activity you're doing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• lol my suggestions wouldn't help... i get bitchy and mean at my husband.. and then we make up
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• music, wine, a treadmill, zumba classes. Depends on my stress lol but i have found that a treadmill is an awesome cure.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Exercise is great at times, I write stories and that helps me place my energy elsewhere it is very helpful I tried everything before I got into writing and it makes such a difference. Also a short nap sometimes helps, you see things differently after sleeping. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Great answers! I really appreciate the advice and will try a little bit of everything!! :)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Playing with the kids makes me realize that there's nothing worth stressing out over. Just to hear their laughs as they're daddy rodeo with them is well worth it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2010