recovery from tubal ligation

i had my son decebmer 29th i'm getting my tubes tied sometime after feburary 11th.
i know nothing about this...i know the procedure is done through the belly button. but other than that nothing.
do they put you to sleep? how long until you can have sex? how long is your down time? i'd pretty much like to know ne thing about this...or even what you wish you knew before you got your tubes tied

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure. good luck.. ps if you don't get many answers on this post it again in the morning when more people are on
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• thanks hun i'll try that
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I HAD MINE DONE IT WAS A SAME DAY PROCEDURE THEY DO GIVE U MEDICINE BUT IT WAS THROUGH IV 2 PUT U 2 SLEEP AND I WENT BACK TO WORK IN DA NEXT 2 DAYS AND I DONT REMEMBER HOW LONG I WAITED 2 HAVE SEX THOUGH AND AS FOR PAIN U WILL BE HURTING BUT NOT THAT BAD THOUGH BUT BE SURE U WANNA HAVE EM TIED BECAUSE I JUST FOUND OUT I'M PREGNANT THIS MORNING SO IF U DO HAVE IT DONE DO NOT GET THE PROCEDURE WHERE THEY USE CLIPS IT DA MOST PERMANENT THEY SAY BUT IT HAS DA HIGHEST FAILURE RATE SO FIND OUT ALL U NEED 2 KNOW AND BE A 100% SURE THIS IS WHAT U WANT 2 DO SO U DONT REGRET IT LATER.......SORRY IF IN ALL CAPS I LIKE TYPING IN ALL CAPS SO I'M NOT YELLING (IN INTERNET ETIQUETTE) GOOD LUCK ON WHATEVER U DO!!!!!!!
    lilmechi225

Answer by lilmechi225 at 2:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I had mine tied in June 09 and yes they put you to sleep , i was off my feet for 3 days just take it easy and make sure that you have someone there to help you out with your LO cause you just want to rest. SEX you want to use a replacement of protection for at least the first month or until you go in for your post-op appt. You can end up with a tubal pregnancy. When your body feels up to having sex then you will have the go ahead that's what my Doctor told me I was good to go about week after surgery. 3-4 months after surgery your belly button will not even show the scar and for the 2-3 inch cut on your hair line that will heal quicker at least mine did. Good Luck if you have anymore questions or just want to talk with someone that went Thur it E-Mail me anytime.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• A vasectomy is less invasive, has fewer risks, costs less and has a shorter recovery time...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I had my tubes tied 14 years ago, so things may be different now. But honestly this was a very easy procedure. It was done out-patient. They did put me to sleep, recovery was pretty easy, the first day I had light cramping, like period cramps. I had a 4 week old baby at the time and 3 older kids, by the second day I was fine and took care of my kids alone.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 10:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2010