Do you have any of those kitchen gadgets that are offered on TV?

Like the Slap-chop, or the perfect Brownie pan? If so, which one(s), and how well do they work for you?

I have a Slap-chop, which is not as easy to use as Vince says it is....you cannot do it with one finger!!!

I also have a Titan peeler, which is awesome! But, I've only had it since Christmas, so of course it works really well right now. I told my dh to ask me how well it works in 6 months!

Anybody else?

29again

Asked by 29again at 1:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have the pancake puff pan & the magic bullet.
    the pan is pretty neat, not quite as easy as shown but maybe I should use it more often to get the hang of it LOL
    Love my magic bullet though!

oh and I have some sham-wow's... they work no better or worse than the cheap knock offs I got at the grocery store. They do kind of shred in the washer though... Did NOT save me $ on paper towels!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• No but my kids keep telling me i need things everytime they see the commercials lol.

I have to admit one of my favorite commercials is the slap chop lol my kids crack up when he tosses the other one behind him and my oldest thinks its funny when he says "watch my nuts" LMAO I had to explain to my son that it wasnt ok to say that lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My MIL has that one touch can opener. You put it on the can, press the botton and let it go. It's really neat actually. You don't have to hold it, or even be near it when it's running. It opens the cans easily with only one touch. My dad needs one of those, since he has trouble with his hands. He has no tissue between the joins in his thumbs, so doing things with his hands can be pretty rough.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I asked for a Magic Bullet for Christmas but my mom couldn't find it around here. The girl at Walmart told her that the Ninja was the same thing. I watched the commercial for the Ninja and they don't seem like the same thing. I still really want a Bullet, but noe sure I'd use it for what.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• SaraP - I got mine at Walgreens, saw some at CVS too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Sweet. Do you like it? What do you make with it?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• We have the 6 star cutlery set. They reallly are terrific knives. In fact My Mom bought a set, then my sister bought a set..and we gave one to my son when he got married. My Mom also has that rotiserrie/BBQ thing..it works exactly how it is shown...but..it is a major pain in the butt to clean. Sham Wows are a SHAM-Joke.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i HAD the magic bullet...but i didt like it so i took it back...but i did get the bullet express..and i loooooove it!! i wanted it mainly for the juicer tho, and its awesome!!! i recommend it!! i also have the george foreman, and the rotiserrie, and enjoy both of them! i have a few more lil things, but cant remember the exact names of them...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I have the miracle blades, they are great for a year or so but then they don't work as well, they are still sharp but not the same way, I do however love the bread knife it doesnt squish.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I sooo would love that brownie one. My best friend has it and loves it. She also has the giant cupcake thing but I have never seen it, yet. Now if I can get a new oven I could go buy that brownie maker, right now my oven is dead and I miss it every time that commercial is on.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 3:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2010