is it bad to eat shirmp when pregnant???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No it is fine, just don't eat any seafood daily.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You just want to stay away from seafood that has a lot of mercury in it and tuna and shirmp aren't them just don't eat it all the time once every few weeks is fine.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• yeah its fine, they just want you to stay away from fish that would have lots of mercury in it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• No its okay. Salmon, talapia, shrimp, tuna.. it is okay in moderation... I eat tuna sandwiches and salads all the time just not every day.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Yeah, what they said and make sure it's fully cooked!
    ArianaRiRi

Answer by ArianaRiRi at 3:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Shrimp has the lowest levels of mercury of all seafood. I ate it throughout my whole pregnancy... and lots of it.. DOc told me its perfectly fine. stay away from other seafood's though.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 4:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My dr said that I could eat shrimp up to two times a week so I would say as long as your not eating it everyday you are safe to eat it.
    happy2bamommy86

Answer by happy2bamommy86 at 7:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Just a thought also my doctor told me that you shouldn't eat any fish that when caught weighs more than 100lbs that means it has lived in the ocean long enough to have too many contamanents(sp?) There are also certain fish that use mercury etc in their bodies that should be avoided, I know that shark is one of those. You can research the different types, or ask your OB they should have a handout about fish consumption. They are really big about it here because we catch out own fish and there are a few places that even the Salmon shouldn't be eaten, but you guys don't have to worry about that all of your salmon comes from the good places lol. I say we pay our docs a lot of money so bug the hell out of them with questions lol.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Not that I know of, I ate it fairly often and had no problems from it.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2010