Heaven?

Ok I was thinking about this the other day. Lets say I die before my DH and he remarries, when he dies and when his next spouse dies who does he spend eternity with in heaven, me or her? Could it be called heaven if you have to live without the one you love?

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 2:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• guess what... there is a scripture in the bible about this... the Saduccees tried to trip Jesus with a similar question... there are several verses in the passage so here is the link

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2022:23-46&version=NASB

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Maybe he will get to live with both of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Maybe I am too selfish but I don't want a divided him. I dunno this is one of those things, that there is no real explanation for, unless there is one somewhere I am unaware of, it just is one of those things that sorta freaks me out about the afterlife. I know I should just have faith but I am one of those people that like to know everything.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You are thinking way to into it, In heaven i think everyone loves everyone so it wont matter.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• as I understand it we won't be married in heaven, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. The only one we love is God. But as far as spouses and children go we wont be our own family because everyone in heaven will be one big family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• We don't really know anything about what heaven will be like. All we know is that it is a paradise and that all is well there. A comparison that once helped me is this.: A child wants to know what sex is like. We tell him it is wonderful, but we cannot describe it accurately for him. The most wonderful thing that he can think of is the taste of candy. So, he says that unless sex involves eating candy, then it cannot be very good. Heaven is like that for us. Because we have no reference to compare it with.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Agree with Shaneagle here....the biblical reference that she has posted is dead on.
    Anonymous

• ... just a timid question here, since I realize that a lot of protestant denominations do this - but isn't it a tad materialistic and self-centered to interpret whatever Bible verses are being used to build up ideas about the afterlife in such a way that things in Heaven are supposed to be a re-decorated version of exactly what was going on on Earth?? It is like making over Heaven in Earth's image.

We came FROM the spiritual, heavenly realm. We are born here, live and learn and help or harm each other. We die and return to Heaven. Our interactions on earth are not who we are, any more than the roles actors take up in various plays are their selves.

I just have a different understanding of what a human being is - an angelic being using a physical body, rather than an intelligent animal or something ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I'm going to Ditto to Shaneagle777 - that's the scripture I was going to post as well. :-)
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Thank you, the scripture does explain it but I guess I am still too human to want to give up my husband so until I get there I most likely will be afraid. I am sort of clingy over him so it is hard to wrap my mind around. I want to keep this open or a little while longer because it is an interesting discussion. Thank you again.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2010