What would a reason be for a baby to scream like they are being killed??

My son, Lane is 3 months old. And since he was about one month old once or twice a month he will scream in his sleep as if he is having a nightmare but what could it be. My fiance had moved to Oklahoma in November to get a head start before Lane n myself came back. But Lane was a C-section n when the dr finally got him out lane was put in the NICU for 5 days. We were kinda on limited hours. So what is makeing him scream like that?

BoogersMommy717

Asked by BoogersMommy717 at 4:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WHO KNOWS ?? YOU MIGHT WANNA BLESS HIM B4 BED TIME ... LIGHT A GUARDIAN ANGEL CANDLE, THEY COST LIKE A DOLLAR AND SOME CHANGE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• He could be dreaming, or having separation issues he doesnt realize you are there so he screams. Ask your doctor if night terrors are possible at that age as well.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It could be anything. My dd screamed when she'd have gas pains. Try rubbing his back, and move his legs back and forth to see if that's what it is. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I also forgot to suggest either mylicon or gripe water for gas relief. I have a feeling that's what it is.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I was going to say gas or constipation used to make my first DD scream like that. She also got night terrors really young. Not 3 months young but I think about 7 or 8 months old.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My first instinct says that its gas pain too, does he jump and kinda pull his legs in?
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• For us it was an inguinal hernia- along with a milk allergy- but it was when we brought him home-and ALL THE TIME! Good Luck momma- do you have a camcorder of video on your phone? I would suggest videoing it and showing to your ped.
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 10:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My daughter did this every once in a while and it would always freak me out. She sounded like she had her head was caught between the bars of her crib or something. I would race to her room only to find her wanting to get out. She rarely did this so I always panicked when it happened. I have three kids, one who had horrible colic but this cry she would do was nothing like anything you could imagine. One time my Mom was watching her and she called me upset because my daughter had started crying "like I throw her to the wolves" my mom said.  I never knew why or when she would chose to do this.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Acid reflux. Google it. I'd put money on it that the problem. Extremely painful for them when that acid starts coming up when they are laying down.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It may be excessive air in his tummy. Try laying him on your chest on his tummy in a semi reclining position and gently sway back and forth. This may release some of the gas, or he may be constipated. Burp him every 3 ounces as he does swallow air while eating. Take your time, relax and enjoy your little one.
    slvrspoon98

Answer by slvrspoon98 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2010