Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help bf issue

my boyfriend is younger than i am and he lives with his mom . I would like for us to be together but i have a son. he is scared of everything . Should i just move on . and just become single again

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • OK, I have been here. You wont like this but trust me when I say...move on. You need a man and he is just a boy. You both deserve better. I am sure you love him but being the older one, you are more capable of making the right decisions. You already know what you have to do, it is just difficult because you care for each other. If you let him go, then the right person can come to you. Ouch I know.

    Answer by njoynlife at 6:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

  • Move on. You need a man not a boy who lives with his mom and isn't ready to take on being a father. I know it will not be easy. But I think it's the best thing you can do for you and your son.

    Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

  • If you want to keep being his girlfriend, you're probably going to have to stick around while he does a lot of growing up. If he's still living with his mom & afraid to get out in the "real world", you'll be waiting a long time for him to turn into the man you want him to be. I'm not saying he's a bad person or that you should leave him, but it sounds like you're ready to move on with your life... so dig deep down & decide if he's the man you want to move on with.

    Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

  • You are single and a single mom at that. You are more mature than a scared man who lives with his mother. You need to find someone who not only wants to spend your life with you but who is not afraid to rise to the occaision of being a husband and a father. That is a courageous act this guy doesn't seem capable of.

    Answer by manna1qd at 8:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

  • That may be the best thing because he will never leave his mama now and he will always be a baby and you are already raising one child and trust me you need someone to teach your child not someone your child can teach

    Answer by sniyah at 8:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.