Should kids under 3 have fast food

I babysit my young cuzins an there mom dont care. But is it really healty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well duh it's not healthy! But does that mean they can't have it? No. My kids get McDonalds or something once or twice a month as a treat. And the fast food restaurants are offering healthy options now too. My kids love getting the apple slices instead of fries.

And since the are your COUSINS then what does it matter to you anyway? They aren't your kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• From time to time it should be OK, especially the healthy options.

Answer by Bmat at 8:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Anon, you are implying that she should not care about them! I think it is wonderful that she cares. It makes her a better person! No fast food is not great, but there is healthier options now days. Chicken nuggets or a hamburger with apple slices every now and then is perfectly fine!
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 9:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It isn't a big deal as long as they aren't eating in everyday, my DD eats it when we do, she also eats what we do at home so I guess I don't think it is fair to go there and exclude her, she is 19 months and loves hamburgers and ckn nuggets.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It's really fun to take kids to buffets. Kids have fun getting small amounts of lots of foods. Young children are usually free. When I have my grandson, my son (his uncle) and I love taking him to different buffets. He is only 16 months and has a blast.

It's so fun we take pictures of him. We got a great one of him trying to eat this huge piece of broccoli. We try to go when it won't be very busy. Usually there are older people eating and they thing my grandson is so cute. It makes their day too.

I used to babysit rich people's kids and their parents would take them to fast food places but they didn't take them to buffets or other places. They would love it when I would take them to buffets. Sometimes I would load up the mini-van and take a bunch of kids. That's when I was young and brave!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I think moderation is the key in this life. Too much is of course bad and none at all is of course no fun at all.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I think it is okay as long as you don't over do it. Kids love fast food, usually my daughter just wants the toy and messes in the rest. It's not healthy for anyone. But I don't think it will hurt once a month or on a special occasion.
    MommyRuquiyah

Answer by MommyRuquiyah at 9:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• No it's not healthy. But my kids get McDonalds happy meals maybe once every 5-6 months. Its all about moderation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• LOL to the person who said its ok if it is the healthy option...Sorry but no fast food is healthy.

No kid should have fast food....and no kid under 3 should. Your tastes buds in the first few year set you for life. All my son eats is fruits and vegetables for the most part and he is 2. I don't understand mothers who want to give their kids refined sugars, sweet and crap. Seriously if you don't give it they won't want it!

In fact no adult should eat that crap either...its bad for you, it makes you feel bad and does nothing for you but give you a few minutes of nice taste in your mouth if you are accustomed to that taste.

Giving it as a treat is even worse because you are saying that the food is special but its not its crap!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My kids get it every once in a while and I don't think it's such an awful thing. Most of the time, kids who go overboard with it are the ones who never got it when they were little. They DO have healthy options at most fast food places - apples slices, salads, yogurts, etc. Of course, we could all cook healthier at home but the fact is that there are only 24 hours in a day and sometimes we do what we have to

Answer by missanc at 11:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2010