The Year for change~ made the decison

We decided this is it, we are tired of living like this..."making ends meet" I want to be ahead I want to be able to GO.

I have made the decision stead fast we are going to be DEBT FREE (minus the leased car and Mortgage) this YEAR...

I have found the answer, we are doing it..we are ON OUR WAY

So the question to you.. ARE YOU READY ?? Have you made THE DECISION..??

I will DO what it takes, will YOU?

Happymom2-2

Asked by Happymom2-2 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm going to be taking CNA classes soon and hubby *may* (cross your fingers for us) be getting a state job soon with REALLY good pay. Even if not, I AM GOING TO FIND A WAY TO FIX OUR PLACE UP NOW! I'm tired of settling because of what we can't do.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• That's us! We are SO ready to be on top!! If you don't mind - PM me with what your steps are this year! I'm VERY interested in ideas!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I'm READY too! ... We started doing a paper route 4 yrs ago to pay off debt, but a few months into it, our finances went into a tailspin and we are STILL doing the paper route besides my regular job and we can't make it. Paper is 7 days a week, middle of the night ... no break or coverage ... so sick or not, tired or not, there I am every single night at 3 am delivering newspapers.

I started an on line health & wellness business a few months ago that I am hoping will give us some additional income to get back in financial shape.

4 yrs ago, my hubby got laid off and a few weeks later, the engine blew in my car, then my sister died in an accident in another state .. and I had to help with funeral expenses because my Mom is on SS and no one else in the family had money .... and about 4 other big financial things happened ... Hubby got another job just to have the company decide to close down and move to the East Coast.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My daughter just finished a 5 month massage course ... she will be doing massage, facials and waxing.

And I have a friend that does medical transcribing.

Please post what's working ... I would be very interested in any and all suggestions! Good Luck to us all!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Well I did PM most of you b/c you asked! However the only thing I can truly say that worked is making a VERY REAL VERY STRONG decision that enough was enough...I can't take it anymore.
    Next I have to say that in all my searches for WAH jobs vs. businesses they pay offs and pay outs etc. I personally knew we needed a Business for several reasons..it is mine, i work when I can and want...the money is determined by me...I knew that what I would put in I would take out.
    So I need to find something that was reliable legit...and had uniqueness or little competition, but something EVERYONE NEEDED out COULD use...
    I chose Pre-Paid legal b/c of all of those factors and they pay scale and I can dump all the other stuff I was doing and make as much PT as all of it combined.
    NOW, I have to stay straight and focused and keep aiming for the 6 figures by years end..

Helpful?
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• We actually made that decision 10 months ago, but we've really kicked into gear last month.
    My husband started working a 2nd part time job.That along with school puts him at 60 to 68 hours a week not including the time it take him to get to and from school.

We've got a little less than $10,000 of debt to pay off and we are thinking it will take us 5 to 7 months. I think I'll be delivering newspapers once it warms up out side. We've drastically cut our expenses, saved cashed for emergencies, and for car repair, tuition and books...

Feels good to be getting something done, but it's not easy.
    Anonymous

• I can relate to everyone in here. I own an insurance agency and have for 10 years. Things are okay but we are not growing like we were. A friend had me look at her home business, never done anything like this before, but I have to admit it kind of blew me away. Being able to let people shop and get rebates and it not cost them anything is amazing. And I get commission on what happens, so I help them save and I get to make extra money as well. Win, win situation.

www.fhtmus.com/arnola

And I found out there are only 4 people between myself and the founder, that was really what made me look at it. THey are 9 years old, debt free and just now starting to actively explode.
    I am determined to make this a better year than last.
    Residuals4U

Answer by Residuals4U at 1:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Do you lease a car [vs. owning] for any specific reason? I've never really understood the point of leasing a car. I'm not hating, lol, I'm just curious! :)
    JessicaG45342

Answer by JessicaG45342 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010