Can a blood patch cause long term low grade fever?

I have been running low grade temps nearly everyday since Dec 2008 when I gave birth to my second child.
The only difference between this child and my last was that the baby was bigger, and I had to get stitches, I delivered him vaginally. I also had a epidorual with a blood patch after because I was having really bad headaches afterwards. this happened with the first baby, but with the first I was also leaking spinal fluid. Im not sure if I was with the second.
The other thing I did differently was had sex 2 weeks after giving birth instead of the 6. I am asking if any of these things could possibly cause a fever this long? it is usually after 2-3pm until 11pm-12am and runs 99.8 to 100.9. I feel really run down and sleepy when it happens.
I think it may have been related to the birth because they have ran almost every other test but the injection of white blood cells, which I am going to ask my doctor about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Health

• FROM OP

I have had almost every test ran.
    the only thing that comes back is a little high is my sed rate of 30.
    Ive been tested for
    lymes,
    blood tests
    blood sugar
    urine tests
    ultra sounds
    cat scans
    mris
    etc
    i did become anemic twice after he was born and a bit during the pregnancy

If anyone has any idea what is going on PLEASE help me
    I am at the end of my rope and just want to get better, and if thats not possible , at least have some kind of idea as to why this is happening. I've been asking questions for awhile online, and I am not expecting anyone to give me a magical answer, or the perfect one, I just need ideas, because I dont know where else to turn or what to do anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• What about thyroid. It's common to start having thyroid problems during pregnancy or after birth and it can affect temperature regulation. There are several thyroid tests and they may not have done all of them. You can have thyroid disease and have normal tests.

I have a disease related to the thyroid called euthyroid Graves disease. It's called euthroid because my hormone levels are normal (eu). In the future I will probably have abnormal levels. I have problems with my temp control. My temp will rise around 4 in the afternoon. My face and chest will turn red. The worst problem I have most is with my eyes. Graves can have many symptoms.

I'll look up info and put it in another answer.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Hyperthyroidism
    Hormones produced by the thyroid gland govern body temperature, heart rate, and body weight. When the thyroid (located in the neck) produces excessive amounts of hormone, the condition is known as hyperthyroidism. The many types of hyperthyroidism include Graves' disease and toxic nodular goiter.
    Causes
    The precise cause is unknown, but doctors suspect that the immune system is involved. The condition sometimes surfaces after an infection or pregnancy. The problem is more common among women and in people with a family history of hyperthyroidism.
    Signs/Symptoms
    Typical symptoms include:
    •Nervousness
    •Anxiety
    •Mood swings
    •Restlessness
    •Rapid heartbeat
    •Sensitivity to heat
    •Trembling hands
    •Fatigue
    •Diarrhea or constipation
    •Constant hunger
    •Weight loss
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Epidurals can cause nerve damage. An epidural can leave one or both legs unable to walk. Other things can happen if the doctor really messes up but nothing that would lead to any kind of infection that lasts for years.

What you are having would be called an increase in body temperature. Since it's not first thing in the morning it's not basal body temp. Your temp is going up around the same times mine does. I have other autoimmune medical conditions so I can't be sure it's the Graves. I have a rare genetic immune deficiency disease called common variable immune deficiency (CVID). Since my part of my immune system doesn't function other parts work overtime (allergies), and I have problems with autoimmune diseases like Graves, fibromyalgia, & polyarthritis (all joints). CVID is a disease no one cares about so it hasn't been studied much and little is being done to look for a cure.

Good luck on finding your diagnosis.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2010