motherhood tattoo ideas..

hey ladies so i dont have any tattoo's and want to get one and incorporate my son in it... I love butterflies so i was thinking get a butterfly and use our birthstone colors to color it... not to sure tho... any ideas???if it helps for colors im purple(amythist) and he is red (ruby)... he's only 18 months old and i have been wanted to do this since he was born but never thought of anything that really stands out... All idea's welcomed =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• answered on your other one :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• my husband and I got our sons footprint and his nickname "boogie" with music notes tattooed... it's kind of cliche these days, but it was fun to incorporate his nickname and the music notes. the butterfly idea with your birthstone colors would be cute, very original! :)
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• wait until he/she gets a little older and get a tattoo of their fav toy or cartoon character
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i'm thinking about getting a t rex.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I want us to get tattoo's of a drawing each of our kids has done. With their signature. But our are a bit older. The idea you have is great. My hubby wants me to get cherries on the backs of my arms, so I figured I'd get 2 on one side and 3 on the other. 2 for us, 3 for our kids. I have 2 dragonflies now, and 4 others.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Butterfly Tattoos are SUPER common, so have one customly designed for you. That way you're not following the trend of tacky butterfly tattoos. I would do what you suggested by using the colors of your birth stones. Remember, this is permenantly on your body, so you want it to really mean something to you. If you have a friend who has talent in drawing, see if they'll custom design a butterfly design that'll be unique. As well as represent who you and your son are.

I want to get a tree of life symbol between my shoulder blades. To represent life and death. I had a miscarriage in 2007 and now have two children, so it's important for me in incooperate both into one design. Plus I love the symbolism of the tree of life. It's beautiful and it really has substance to what I'm trying to portray. I just have to create a design that is unique and beautiful to me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2010