What are your best bake sale suggestions?

(Also asked this question in the Elementary mom's group)

I am co-in charge of my dd's 5th grade class's bake sale. Money raised will help offset the cost of 5th grade end of the year expenses. The three 5th grade classes are competing to raise the most money. I've been told we could raise as much as $400 depending on what parents of our class send in to sell.

Items will be marked 50 cents or $1. I've been told cupcakes in ice cream cones and chocolate kipped pretzel rods are popular. What other things would you suggest that would be big sellers?

The whole school has the opportunity to purchase at this one lunchtime. We will put posters in the hall a couple weeks before. Send flyers home a week before and a reminder the day before. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, in advance, for your help. :)

mandksp2

mandksp2

Asked by mandksp2 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• brownies

the icecream cone cupcakes are a great idea :)

cookie pops

cake pops or cake balls

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Chocolate chip cookies, rice krispy treats.

Here is something fun: When I was in school, we used to have "Cake Walks". For an event of party, have moms make a cake and bring it to the event. Put numbers in a circle on the floor, have kids walk around the square until the music stops and then you draw a number. That person wins a cake. It's alot of fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• snickerdoodles
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My school distrtict banned ALL homemade products, they can't even be from a bakery. Everything has to be prepackaged. It is ridiculous. Bake sales are not done anymore because they don't make any money. Who wants to buy Twinkies and Little Debbies when those are sitting in lunch boxes?

The Catholic school I work at does bakesales and homemade breads go fast. Banana, Chocolate Zucchini. Cookies, brownies and cupcakes are popular there.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010