How do YOU lose weight??

Any weightloss tips or advice that really worked for you??? I really need to lose 50-55lbs!!!!

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The best diet that helps me lose weight is count calories. I keep a food journal online at www.everydayhealth.com. Make sure you count your drinks too (that's why I just drink water all day and skip coffee and juice and soda so I can eat more). Also any kind of cardio exercise helps me lose more weight faster vs. weight training, walking, yoga, ect. Oh and the days you work out, you can eat 500 calories more that day than you can if you don't work out.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• A total change of life is what I am doing. So far I have lost 40 pounds. In the morning my breakfast is plain organic yogurt with ground flaxseed, sesame seed, 10 almonds, and 1/4 cup dry oatmeal mixed together. I didn't like it at first but have developed a taste for it, and now like it. And then I have whatever I make my family for dinner. In winter I make lots of soups out of fresh ingredients and organic or clean meats. In warm weather, it's large salad made with fresh garden veggies when I can get them, stir fry veggies, grilled or broiled or boiled meats, poultry, or fish. I eat what is in season. I also buy fruits in season. And I added plenty of fresh air and sunshine to my life. What I cut out was t.v. and limited computer time. When I watch movies, I usually go to the movies and limit dvd's to once a week. I drink lots of water and herbal infusions I make myself.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Just excersise and watch what you eat. Treat yourself to snacks in moderation. Keeping a log of everything you eat helps too, because it makes you concious of your eating habits and helps you evaluate where you need improvement. Cut down on sugar. Sugar likes to create fat in the midsection. Try to limit yourself to 15g of sugar a day, and the weight will melt off of you with the right amount of excersise and a balanced diet. Best of luck to you!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• When I had to lose my baby weight, I just ate less. Yeah, I was hungry a little, but kept the goal in mind. I didn't have to lose 50 pounds, but smaller portions seem to be a good way to go.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I've lost 35 pounds on the no money for food diet. We haven't had enough money since Aug. The frige and freezer are about empty and the cabnets are pretty bare. My son works at an upscale grocery that has natural and organic foods. They have great sales. I buy food for only one or two days. There isn't other food around and I have no cash to get anything out. We have no food waste.

I usually have high fiber cold cereal or oatmeal that I eat in the morning. I eat whatever fresh fruits or veggies are on sale. Apples, bananas, potato, squash, sweet potato, ect. The dollar store near us has good canned fruit 2 for a dollar. Rice mixed with creamed corn is really good when you are really hungry.

After about 2 weeks of not eating much you stop feeling so hungry. Ice water helps. You have to be careful your blood sugar is high enough if you are going to drive.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I do alot of cardio and and I do strength training 3-4 times a week. The strength training is very important. The more muscle you have the faster your metabolism is. Eat about every 3 hours. If you go too long with out food your body will go into starvation mode and will not burn fat. The only exception to that is at night. Stop eating about 3 hours before bed and your body will burn fat while you sleep because it won't be busy trying to digest food. Find out how many calories you should be consuming in order to lose weight. sparkpeople.com is a great website to use. Check out my journals on guaranteed weight loss tips, they are really helpful. I could go on forever but they don't let you type very much in these little boxes lol. If you would like anymore advice feel free to pm me, I'd like to help you in any way that I can :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 10:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I would write a food journal for a couple of days. Write down everything you eat and drink. With this use something like fitday to work out how many calories you get in a day and then work out how many you need to cut and starting cutting.

If you drink sodas or store bought fruti juices cut them outand stick to water, freshly squeezed juice made at home and herbal teas.

There are plenty of other things you can do to cut calories once you know what you are putting in your mouth on a daily basis.

Eating 4-5 pieces of fruit half an hour before a meal can help prevent overeating of the meal too.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• What works for me is cutting out carbs and sugars. If I go without bread or sweets for a week, I will loose at least 4 or 5 pounds. A really quick weight loss that works, specially if you have a lot to loose is the Adktins diet, it counts carb instead of calories, it is not a diet for life, but for quick weight loss. If you are a meat eater, and love cheese this is heaven for you, there is no limit to how much of this you can eat. Get yourself the book and learn how it works.

Answer by older at 10:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I do workout routines on the Wii Fit. The only way to successfully lose weight is portion control and cardio. Strenght excersises will build muscle but will not burn fat. Cardio is the only way to burn fat successfully. Whether that is running, long walks, or aerobics. You can do as little as 10 minutes a day or 20 minutes a day. I do 20 minutes a day and have been for the last week .. almost week and a half. I have seen a considerably difference in my body regarding inches lost. You will lose inches before you notice actual weight lost.

Anything you eat, even fruits and veggitables in excess will cause you to gain weight. Fruits and veggies do have a lot of sugars and salts in them that can be as fattening in excess as junk food. I eat three meals a day and limit my junk food intake to only one to two snacks a day. Portion control is super important, don't load up the plate (contin)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Eating more food in one meal isn't a good alternative to skipping snacks. It takes 20 minutes after eating for your body to say "Hey I'm full", because it takes a while for the body to digest all of the food you've eaten. Eat slowly. Not only will this reduce the amount of food you do eat in one sitting, but it will also give your body the right amount of time to tell you it's full before you're busting at the seams.

There are some really great excersises you can do even if you do not have a Wii Fit. If you would like to know some fun cardio excersises just PM me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2010