How do I get this nasty smell out?

My son apparently dumped his sippy cup of milk in the floor of my car. Now it REEKS! of spoiled milk. Any suggestions on how I can get the smell out?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just wash the area. Wash it with soap and water, then let it dry and if it still smells wash it again.
    It should only take one wash though to get the smell out of the carpet. Then let the car air out by keeping the windows open if possible.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Good luck!! Talk to someone that details cars about what you can use to get the smell out. It takes forever!! I remember using all kinds of different things and nothing worked. I just kept scrubbing away until a friend that used to detail cars said to use the stuff for pet stains.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Go to your local pet store and buy some Natures Miracle spray. They have big bottles for cats and dogs, but they also have a 3-in-1 deodorizing spray. We some how had a bottle of formula get lost in our couch and by the time I found it, it had leaked all over the cushion. I stripped the cover off and threw it in the washer but the foam still smelled awful. I sprayed some of the Natures Miracle on and the when it dried the smell was GONE! It was awesome! it works great on hard surfaces too. Our cat had kittens at one point and they peed in our son's infant car seat. But since he was no longer using that one, we didn't notice until a couple months later. I used the spray on the cover, the straps and the seat itself and it took the smell right out. And it should only cost a few dollars. Hope it works for you! Oh, and it's totally safe for pets and kids..
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Wanted to add, depending on how long the stain has been there and/or the type of fabric, it may take more than one application of the spray. I had to spray the straps of the car seat a couple times to get it completely gone, but there was a huge difference just with the first application.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I swear by Oxy Clean. It takes stains & odors out of anything.It is truly a miracle worker. Try it,you'll like it!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010