2 C-SECTIONS PROBLY 3 ANY MORE BABIES AFTER THIS MANY C SECTIONS ?

I HAVE 2 BOYS BOTH C SECTIONS NOW IM HAVING A 3RD BABY IM REALLY EXCITED BUT NOT SO EXCITED THAT THIS COULD BE THE LAST ONE AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE A C SECTION AGAIN I DNT KNOW NOW IM COMPLETLY LOST MAYBE WORRYING TO MUCH I DONT THINK THERES MUCH CHOICE RIGHT? IF I WOULDVE KNOWN I WOULD HAD A VBAC WITH BABY 2 ANYONE KNOW WHAT IM FEELING? I KNOW I SHOULD STOP WORRYING BUT THAT IS A BIG CONCERN FOR ME NOW I JUST DONT WANT TO DO ANOTHER SURGERY I WISH I WOULDVE ASKED MORE QUESTIONS WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY THIRD SON AND THEN I WOULDNT BE ASKING SILLY QS! HELP PLEASE

SIMPLYDABEZT

Asked by SIMPLYDABEZT at 10:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Health

• Can you find a doctor/ midwife in your area who specializes in VBAC care? It sounds like your worries are because you aren't getting good communication with your health care provider. Call around. No matter how far into pregnancy you are, you have the right to switch doctors for any reason.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It sounds like you think you have to have another C-section and that will mean you can't have any more babies. For that reason you are considering VBAC. You regret your second C-section and that you didn't know the dangers of repeated C-sections.

You are right to be concerned about having more than 3 C-sections. Even a third C-section carries increased risk. It can be hard to find a doctor or midwife and hospital that allows VBACs. Some homebirth midwives do VBACs. There are factors that make having a VBAC safer. One important factor is how long it has been since your last C-section. The World Health Organization recommends at least 3 years. Some doctors or midwives will allow a VBAC if it has been 18 months.

All women should take childbirth classes, read books, look at websites, educate yourselve. Doctors don't tell women what they need to know to make informed decisions. I hope you are able to have the VBAC you want.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Good luck finding a dr. to do it. NOBODY in my area will attempt a vbac.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2010