Is there anyone here who say say they truly hate their parent/s?

I hate my mother. I mean really hate her. She smokes weed all the time, offers to do things for her children then says we owe her for it, she blames us for anything and everything that goes wrong, and she says that it's our fault that she treats us like she does because if we just did whatever she wanted us to, she'd like us. She gets $1900 a month from my dads SSI and my husband and I get $300 a MONTH from his work hours getting knocked down. She gets mad because we don't give her our food stamps. I really just can't stand her. I'm about 2 seconds from telling her to just shove off and leave me alone. She said she doesn't think I deserve a house, that I should live in a trailer all my life. That because she has bought diapers twice I owe her AT LEAST $50 a month in groceries. And that since I let my 5 year old ride the school bus I'm a bad mom because it's too dangerous. She's insane and it's getting to be too hard to cope.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• You don't have to be in contact with her. Cut her off. It sounds like you only have problems to lose if you move away from her.

Families can be really difficult. It'll get better when you put some distance between you.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I am so sorry you feel this way about your mom. We all have one, some of us are lucky and some of us are not. Use her example on how not to be and be a better one.
    I am one of the lucky ones, mine is a gem even at 90 years old. she is my right hand and part of my left.

Answer by older at 10:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i dis like my dad..i've had problems with both my parents throuhout my whole life but have been able to work things out with my mother. I dont think i will be able to have a nice relationship with my dad and i accept that so i just stay away from him and i dont talk to him to keep my sanity. It sounds like you are living with your mother though and if you are then yes, you should help out with food and other costs especially if she is letting you live there rent free.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I totally understand! I hate my mother too. I try not to, but the hate is hard to ignore. She was abusive, made us steal from family members, beat up my step father, made me feel unwanted, unloved and has some serious mental and anger issues she needs to address. I know we are told we should love, respect and honor our parents, but it's hard to do when they are so undeserving of it.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I hear you. I have problems with my mom too -Ive just never been good enough for her and I've never done drugs never never gone out drinking as a married woman, and I have never had a flirtatious affair and an ouright affair. My sibling is single refuses to let anyone be her boss ends up with whacky men I've stayed home and brought up my children. Like my mom made her own decisions without influence from another relative- her mother who she didn't like but was soooo good - I make my own decisions based on my upbringing and what I know inside to be right not based on my ego like She does.

Her loss. I've still got my kids because of what they've learned from me. She has only 1 child (my sibling) and no grandkids because she's chosen that her grandkids are worthless cuz I birthed and raised them. Hmmmm who's the winner here. Not you mom. My kids are adults and near adult and they're in touch often.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I'm not living with my mother...I live about 10 minutes away from her and if I did live with her I would help. But as it is, she can buy cigarettes, weed, and has money to go out with her brother and neices yet says it's my place to buy my little sisters food and if I don't, I'm a bad sister because "I'll let my sisters go hungry to prove a point."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• some people just feel like you owe them for anything they do for you.. they cant just do simple favors. I would move far far away. Yeah, maybe she does keep your kids every now and then but she is always expecting something in return right? My sister is the same damn way. If i ask her to keep my son...i have to use one of my days off to run her all over the damn town. So i would rather pay 7.50 an hour for the daycare service than to "owe" her.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My father did some pretty awful and vile things to me, which I will not list. I do not hate my father, I hate the things that he did. Do I have contact with him and put myself in danger? Absolutely not. Do I forgive him in my heart and work with God on this one? Absolutely!
    Anonymous

• Hate what she does not who she is. That will protect your karma. Actually, I think she sounds jealous of you and wants to take away what you have whether it's food stamps, your dignity or self esteem. Only you can allow her to take these things. Don't let her keep upsetting you bc you only feed into her desire to control you. If she wants $50 a month for buying diapers twice simply (and calmly ) tell her no. Tell her that you will repay her the value of the dollars she spent and that's all. As for what you deserve in life, that's not for her to decide. You can have what ever your heart desires be it a trailer, cottage or mansion. No matter where you live, make it a warm and loving home. Be happy. That should really upset her! lol Don't let her keep upsetting you like this. Ppl like that are unhappy with their own life and try to reflect that on to others. It's actually emotional abuse. Don't accept her unkind words.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2010