I love salad dressings although I know how terrible they are. What can I put on my salad to trick myself into thinking it is a dressing?, something that is healthy and good for me.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 11:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• balsamic vinegar and a bit of olive oil.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• just serve your salad dressing in a little bowl on the side. dip your fork in the dressing first, then into your salad. This helps keep you from getting way too much dressing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Have you tried Marie's or Paul Newman, Maple Grove? hypermamaz's suggestion is great too and I like Mrs. Dash's different spices added.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Raw apple cider vinegar and evoo.

Making your own dressing is really easy. You can put the oil and vinegar together in a jar with herbs. It will last about 2 weeks sitting out. It's better to eat real food than "low fat" chemical products.

Some veggies need a little fat to help pull out all the nutrients.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• If you like ranch, try mixing it with milk so you can have more of it and less fat and calories
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I agree with hypermamaz ... you can also try those Salad Spritz ? ... I think that's the name of them. It's like a vinagrette type dressing that you spray on ... it's supposed to help with portion control because you can lightly spray your salad.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• udo's oil is very good for you. it has a nutty flavor, it is full of the omega 3's you really need. personally, i don't use any dressing, i use extra tomatoes instead.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2010