Shouldn't we worried about America instead of haiti

We are sending aid to Haiti. we are already in debt; we is our idiot president worry about other country? where in the heck will get get the money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• im not sure but i think it all comes from donations...well least i would hope but i doubt it. i dunno.. but also i feel for haiti most lost everything and whole familys were lost. its horrible but i understand your question..be happy were not the only ones helping..i beleave austrila is helping.. but dont quote me on this lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I think we'd better pray nothing like that happens here, and be thankful we do have the resources to help. Also be thankful we don't live in a 3rd world country...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• That's one way to think. Americans tend to think only of America and who cares about the rest of the world.

There is another way to think about yourself. You are an individual, live in a city, state, country, continent, and world. Like nested boxes. Why should we only care about people in our country?

It comes down to money. I think we shold help Haiti and stop wars. If we won't stop wars I think we should still help Haiti.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I agree with Gail here. We are just one tiny portion of a great big planet. What our country does affects the rest of the world. Did you see what happened when the housing market went belly up and wall street took a dive it not only affected us but everyone else around the planet as well. We need to help. It's our duty. I think if we can waste billions of dollars going to other countries taking civilian and soldiers lives in unnecessary wars, we can share a little to save a few lives in another country as well.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Americans tend to think only of America and who cares about the rest of the world

YEAH! Your RIGHT gail.  They withheld money and told the tsunami victims they could go take a hike....Oh WAIT Americans donated over $480 MILLION which exceeded the amount pledged byu the GOVERMENT.  Thats right, they GAVE of their own FREE WILL.

And as of 5:30 Thursaday Americans had given $5 MILLION JUST to the red cross!  Its a SHAME how SELFISH Americans are...eye rolling

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Haiti is our neighbor. Its out of respect and common courtesy to lend a helping hand in time of need. Our country may be in debt, but there are ppl dead in Haiti and traumatized from what just happened. Donations are being sent from those that are willing and able to give (from the heart).

Its our own selfish ways of the American ppl that played such a big part in our debt, it seems a bit ironic that you'd want to continue that trend.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Sadness.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Wow - how selfish!
    These poor people are in GREAT duress! A true national tragedy. Why wouldn't we want to be compassionate and help? My gosh!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I think the US, barring some (like the OP) has been extremely generous and giving. It is right and appropriate the the Gov and the people should give, and I am glad to see that the people out did the Gov. It gives me some hope!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I am SO tired of Americans being called selfish!!

No developed country approaches American giving. For example, in 1995 (the most recent year for which data are available), Americans gave, per capita, three and a half times as much to causes and charities as the French, seven times as much as the Germans, and 14 times as much as the Italians.  Cont..

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2010