how wouls i klnow if i need to be on meds??

i will be 30 in june, i have really bad mood swings i will go off for no reason, i will cryand want to walk away for my 10 year marriage and 3 kids i get depressed and bitchey and pissed over nothing, i am not normally like any of this espicially thinking i coule and feeling like walking away and not looking back, i have litterly fought to keepmy family together my marriage is soo important to mea as well as my kids,my husband has said i need meds, and i feel like this more than amy pms more than once a month and it can last for up to 2months so what do i do i dont see a dr on regular bassis but it drives me nuts to put husband through this . any advise is helpful i feel like im going nuts and its nut fun.

momyx3

Asked by momyx3 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Health

• Yes, I would think these feelings are feelings of depression. There are some online tests you can take to determine how bad your depression is. They ask you a series of questions, of which by the above, I would you fit. It's important that you seek medical advice because you are entitled to feel good. Feeling bad all the time is not a good way to go through life. Maybe some counseling would be good for you as well. Hope this helps... but please, do seek some professional advice.
    Anonymous

• I would be evaluated by a mental health professional they will be able to help you decide the next best course of action usually just taking meds doesnt fix the problem it can make the problem manageable but generally there are still issues you need to work through my life in general improved by a thousand when I started doing talk therapy. I had been on meds for ppd for about 9 months and it kept me from ending my life but I was still pretty screwy when a friend of mine commit suicide this summer I knew I needed more help I started talk therapy and was surprised by how enlightened I came out of each appointment it has helped me to learn things about myself I never knew which explain better why I do teh things I do
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It could be depression or some other phsychological problem, but it could also be due to some sort of hormone imbalance. You should vivist with your regular doctor and have blood tests to determine if your hormone levels are in the normal range. If all your bloodwork comes out normal, then you should seek a phsych evaluation. Meds can help level things out, but you really need a correct diagnosis to get the right type of meds. Your doctor will want to know about any things that might be setting this off - he'll ask about stress in your life and also about your health; before your appointment try to make a list of any things that have changed in your life or your health. Are there things that are causing you new or higher levels of stress? Are you having any physical symptoms? How are you sleeping? Have you recently lost or gained weight? Is something worrying you?
    Anonymous

• It's possible you may need meds or at least guidance to get your spirit to calm down. There are many disorders that cause what you described. A simple test can enlighten you as to what's up.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• thank you for all of the advice you all gave me i will make an appointment i appreciate it thank you for reading and responding !!!!!
    momyx3

Answer by momyx3 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010