have you ever had a really bad disagreement with your mom?

u feel u r right, but u lost ur cool in the argument...
this is what happened to me last night and i feel so bad. i have apologized (thru text) but my she pisses me off so bad because she is never wrong and acts like she knows everything. grrrrrrrrr....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• lol that is how my mom is as well. if she says it , it must be true. me and my mom have many disagreements we will stop talking for a few weeks. then i will text her and just see what she is up to. then she comes around
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My children and I agree to disagree about things. That's important. Yes I have been told off by a couple of my children. I don't take offense. Adult children fight with the fact that they think they are disrespecting their parents if they speak up and disagree. Sometimes they hold back so long that it just blurts out and sounds unkind. You are a mother now. You have a right to your opinions and she needs to respect that. Sometimes we older moms forget that our babies are not babies any longer.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Yes. I had these times with my mother as well, but we always seemed to make it right again. I am grateful for having had the opportunity to make it right with my mother. She passed away eight years ago and some days, I would give anything for just one phone call...even if she was having a fit at me.
    Anonymous

• I am ashamed to say that I have done this to my adult daughter. She is 21 and she is getting her nursing degree. But let her say something about a topic that I feel I know more about and I will NOT be wrong. Even if I am wrong I will NOT be wrong, you know what I mean? It must have something to do with raising them and teaching them for so long that we (wrongly) feel that they couldn't possibly tell us something that we don't already know. I am going to have to take this to heart, because I love her too much to make her go grrrrrr at me. Shame on me!
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 3:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Really bad disagreement..that's an understatement. I haven't talked to my mother since August. I told her that I was done and I meant it. I will not apologize for defending my dad. I will not apologize for things that I said when I was 10yr old (and if I had it to do over again, would say the same thing). She's being ignorant and I won't tolerate her treating my ds like a piece of disposable garbage.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 3:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• When I was 16 I fought with my mom over everything. And now I realize that she's usually right over things.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• im almost 20 and married and my mom constantly gets my motor running when she tells me we should wait for kids. we even got in a fight christmas eve morning over my 17 year old sister sneaking behind their backs. i refused to talk to her and then last week she sent me a letter saying sorry but ending it just pist me off more. i talk to her but i wont talk about kids or my sister with her cus its just not worth it
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I am at this time dealing with this problem with my mom and my daughter. What makes me the most angry is that neither one ever apologizes or admits when they are wrong. I've tried to talk with each of them,but we get nowhere. If my mom or daughter want to talk, they know the way to my home. I'm tired of being the peace maker.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2010