Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cause by mold? PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a 5 month old baby, and she got sick 2 weeks ago, I took her to the doctor, and she was given some medication , her bronchial tubes where swollen, and nasal congestion and a lot of fever. Now she is sick again, with the same symptoms. I just found so much mold behind my bed, for this I'm renting a 2 bedroom unit with my sister. So 2 of my kids and my husband and I stay in that bedroom. Could she be getting sick becuase of that? PLEASE HELP!!

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (6)
  • It could very much be that. Call the landlord, they need to fix this quick. This is a huge health hazzard and for now, don't sleep in there, especially the baby!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

    Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • several years ago my husband got sick (respiratory) and the dr said it was most likely the mold. my son started getting bad ear infections right after we moved. good luck!

    bettylou420

    Answer by bettylou420 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • Yes, easily. Mold is a leading cause of non-viral or bacterial respiratory problems. Tell the landlord they need to fix it, asap, and if it doesn't get fixed, you do these two things: report them to the housing authority and move out, even if it breaks your lease. It is the landlord's responibility to ensure that all their properties are safe to live in, and a mold infestation is by no means safe. My parents found mold in their bathroom when I was in college, black mold, and they ended up tearing out the bathroom floor, my bedroom wall, and part of my floor to get rid of it. After that, my and my youngest brothers allergies cleared up some. Everyone got sick less often as well. Mold is nothing to play with.
    preacherskid

    Answer by preacherskid at 12:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • Yes. That happened with my cousin and her 3 kids. She ended up suing her apartment complex for the mold because she did not cause it. And she won...
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • yup agree w/ pp's, call the landlord to get it cleaned up asap, don't use bleach on it, all bleach does is release the mold spores into the air. If you're gonna try to clean it use hydrogen peroxide. if your landlord won't take care of it, call the city ordinice office & file a complaint. Make sure they use someone trained in mold to clean it up, those spores go everywhere!!! Don't forget the air ducts or the heating vents!
    Nyx7

    Answer by Nyx7 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • Thank you, I just spoke to the manager, and they asked me if I wanted to have paint it over, or if I wanted someone from the corporate office to come and test it, of course I told them I wanted the second option. They are sending someone on Monday, no later then Tues. I guess I can bare sleeping in the livingroom for now. I'll go over and beyond just for my kids safety. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!♥
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN